After biking through the Tahoe Keys over the 4th of July weekend I have decided to post some recent Tahoe Keys real estate statistics. My family and I were riding our beach cruisers down Venice Street on the 4th and noticed that there were lots of people enjoying the Tahoe Keys lifestyle. There were kids out fishing and swimming off of the docks, there were boats motoring in and out of the channels, and families enjoying the one of a kind waterfront setting. What a great sight this was to see!
Home prices in the Tahoe Keys have become more affordable than ever, but the inventory levels are very low. Good deals in the Tahoe Keys do not last very long and you must act quickly to score a good deal. In the first half of 2012 there were 19 Tahoe Keys homes that closed escrow on the South Tahoe MLS. The median sales price was 42% less than what it was in the first half of 2006. The price per square foot was also 33% less during the same period.
Tahoe Keys Real Estate Statistics 1/1/12 to 6/30/12
- There were 19 Tahoe Keys Homes sold in the first half of 2012, down from 22 in 2011, and up from only 14 in 2006.The medain sales price was $590,000, down from $602,45o in 2011, and down from $1,010,000 in 2006.
- The average sales price of $867,789, up from $771,514, and down from $1,008,742 in 2006. (there was a $3,250,000 lakefront that sold in 2012 which drove up the average sales price.)
- The average price per square foot was $311, up from $299 in 2011, and down from $464 in 2006
- The average days on the market was 230, down from 283 in 2011, and up from 142 in 2006.
- There were 4 short sales and 4 foreclosures in the Tahoe Keys sold in the first half of 2012.
Currently there are 49 total single family homes for sale in the Tahoe Keys. Out of the 49 listings, 14 are in escrow and only 35 are still active. There are only 4 short sale listings in the Tahoe Keys and 3 of them are in escrow and one is active.
The active inventory of homes for sale in the Tahoe Keys accounts for only 2.9% of the total number of properties in the Tahoe Keys. There are 1530 properties in the Tahoe Keys including Townhouses and there are 44 active properties for sale. There are around 875 waterfront homes with Lake Tahoe access. There are only 25 active lake access homes for sale which accounts for 2.8% of those properties. There are 290 off -water or landlocked homes and there are 8 of them for sale which is only 2.7%. There are 30 lakefront homes in the Tahoe Keys and 2 of them are for sale (6.7%). There are 335 Townhouses in the Tahoe Keys and there are 9 for sale (2.7%).
If you are interested in waterfront living in South Lake Tahoe at an affordable price then you must look into the Tahoe Keys. Having your boat tied up in your backyard and ready to go at anytime is an amazing feature. When you add all of the other Tahoe Keys amenities like the indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, security, and much more, the Tahoe Keys area is hard to beat!