The inventory of properties for sale on the South Tahoe MLS has continued to decline as it typicaly does as we approach the winter season. We are now down to 279 total single family homes listed, 204 active listings and 75 pending listings. Our listing count was at its highest in July when there were 323 listings and there has been a steady decline since then. The South Lake Tahoe Real Estatemarket is usually the most active during the spring, summer, and fall and the number of properties in escrow typicaly declines in the winter as well. In June there were 10o single
family houses in escrow and we are now down to 75 (81 including condos).
Although the activity does slow down during the winter there can be some great opportunities for both buyers and sellers. Sellers that keep their homes on the market during the winter or that decide to sell during the winter will have less compitition from other sellers because there will be fewer homes on the market and fewer homes for buyers to choose from. Sellers should also be aware that houses do sell during the winter and that buyers that are looking are serious buyers. Tahoe attracts a huge amout of visitors during the winter months that come to ski and vacation from all over the world. These visitors often come to look at properties during their vacation and may not have a chance to come out any other time to look at homes.
The winter can be a great time for buyers because the sellers that have their homes on the market probably need to sell are most likely motivated. If a house comes on the market during the winter it is probably because they do not want to wait for the spring to sell. This can be a great opportunity for buyers that are looking to purchase before the buyer flood gates open in the spring.
- There are currently 279 single family listings on the South Lake Tahoe MLS in the City and County areas, down from 323 in July and down from 309 last month.
- There are 204 active single family listings, down from 230 in July and down from 216 last month.
- There are 75 pending single family listings, down from 100 in July and down from 93 last month.
- There are currently 20 single family short sale listings
- There are 5 active short sale listings
- There are 15 pending short sale listings
- There are currently 9 single family foreclosure listings.
- The are 8 active foreclosure listings.
- There is one foreclosure that is in escrow.
South Lake Tahoe Condo/Townhouse Inventory
- There are 40 Condos listed on the South Lake Tahoe MLS in the City and County areas.
- There are 34 active condo listings.
- There are 6 pending condo listings.
- There are two short sale condos and both are currently pending.
- There is one foreclosure listing and it is active.
South Lake Tahoe Multi-Family Inventory
- There are 29 multi-family listings (two units+) on the South Lake Tahoe MLS.
- There are 18 active multi-family listings.
- There are 11 multi-family currently pending.
- There is one multi-family foreclosure listing that is currently pending.
South Lake Tahoe Vacant Land Inventory
- There are 82 vacant land listings on the South Lake Tahoe MLS.
- There are 74 active land listings.
- There are 8 pending land lisitngs.