If you are in the South Lake Tahoe Real Estate market it is important to have some understanding of the demographics in South Lake Tahoe. The demographic information can be easily found on the United States Census Bureau website or at the following link: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/0673108.html#.UvKI1_VrwRs.email
Being a Real Estate agent in South Lake Tahoe, many buyers ask me about the demographics of the area. Now that I have done some research on the subject I can answer most of the questions accurately.
Here are some of the highlights:
|Geography QuickFacts||South Lake Tahoe||California|
|Land area in square miles, 2010||10.16||155,779.22|
|Persons per square mile, 2010||2,106.4||239.1|
|Counties||El Dorado County|
The population of South Lake Tahoe in 2012 was estimated at 21,286, down .5% from 21,403 in 2010. There were a total of 15,087 housing units and the homeownership rate was 44.3% compared to a statewide average of 56%. 55.7% of the occupied housing units in South Lake Tahoe are occupied by long term tenants and the vacancy factor is 8.3%. Multi-unit structures account for 31.4% of the housing units in the area.
Housing units used as seasonal, recreational, or occasional use account for around 30% of the housing units in the South Lake Tahoe area.
Some of the other interesting demographic facts are:
- The median travel time to work is only 14.3 minutes compared to the statewide average of almost 30 minutes.
- Only 9.8% of the population is 65 and older compared to the statewide average of 11.4%.
- The population of White alone residents is 73.5% compared to the statewide average of 57.6%
- Males account for 53.2% of the population and females account for 46.8%
- The median resident age is 35.6 compared to the statewide average of 45.6.
More demographic information can be found at http://www.city-data.com/city/South-Lake-Tahoe-California.html or by calling South Lake Tahoe Real Estate agent Brent Johnson at (530) 416-2625.